Chiltons is proud to partner with the Sabbathday Lake Shaker Village, of New Gloucester, Maine, the only active and functioning Shaker Community in the world. We encourage you to visit the Sabbathday Lake Community to learn more about the Shaker history and lifestyle, which provides the foundation of workmanship and practical function of Shaker-styled furniture.
Within the Village, you can visit the Museum (open Memorial Day through Columbus Day) and the Library (open year round), as well as other parts of the farm. You can see, first-hand, how they produce a varierty of herbs onsite as well as check out a display of Chilton furniture.
Sabbathday Lake herbs, as well as their literature, are available for purchase directly from within the Village or on their website, but we have also made them available at our Freeport and Scarborough showrooms. Please let us know if you are interested.
Be sure to check out The Friends of the Shakers, a non-profit organization, founded in 1974 to assist the Shaker Community at Sabbathday Lake.
Sabbathday Lake herbs drying
Chilton furniture on display at Sabbathday Lake
- Alfred Shaker Historic District – ME
- Enfield Shaker Historic District – NH
- Canterbury Shaker Village – NH
- Harvard Shaker Village Historic District – MA
- Shirley Shaker Village – MA
- Hancock Shaker Village – MA
- Tyringham Shaker Settlement Historic District – MA
- Enfield Shakers Historic District – CT
- Mount Lebanon Shaker Society – NY
- Watervliet Shaker Historic District – NY
- North Union Shaker Site – OH
- Whitewater Shaker Settlement – OH
- South Union Shakertown Historic District – KY
- Shakertown at Pleasant Hill Historic District – KY