Cleaning & Maintaining
- To dust, simply wipe the surface of your furniture with a soft, slightly dampened cloth.
- For grimy spills, we recommend mild and diluted dish soap on a damp cloth.
- Dirt and other impurities should be periodically removed to restore the finish to its original luster using a slightly dampened cloth or mild, diluted dish soap.
- Avoid ammonia-based products or silicone oil, as they may compromise your finish over time.
- Our finishes are durable and resistant to many household spills. However, any liquid should be wiped up promptly to avoid prolonged exposure to moisture or any build-up of impurities.
- Please avoid placing any hot objects, such as a pan, baking dish or coffee cup directly on wood furniture, as the heat can cause a discoloration in the finish.
Considerations & Capacities
- Some wood species, especially Cherry, change color or “age” with exposure to sunlight. Items placed on a new piece may block that area from aging resulting in a “shadow”. Read more about this and how to prevent shadows at our blog Why Does Wood Change Color?
- Wood is a natural living material which responds to its environment, even once it’s been cut, dried and transformed into furniture. For this reason, it’s important to consider how changes in humidity can affect your furniture. High humidity can cause swelling, and, in extreme cases, warping. Low humidity can cause drying and shrinking. In both cases, extreme changes can compromise the integrity of your furniture. We recommend a consistent humidity range to ensure your furniture lasts for many years to come.
- While the glide mechanisms on our extension tables are extremely durable, they are not designed to support leaves continuously. Table failure due to the continuous use of leaves is considered misuse and is not covered under our Lifetime Warranty.
- Dining chairs have a weight capacity of up to 250lbs.
- The Nautilus Lounge Chair has a weight capacity of up to 300lbs.
- Shaker, Bethel, and Bethel Shaker Bookcases have a shelf weight capacity of up to 15lbs per shelf.
- Ladder shelves have a shelf weight capacity of up to 20lbs per shelf.
- Lubec, Ricker, and Avery shelves have a weight capacity of up to 50lbs per shelf.
Other questions about caring for your new furniture? Please do not hesitate to call us at (207)865-4308 to speak with our Head of Service, Thank you!