Dust buildup from small airborne particles may scratch or dull the surface if not removed correctly. Simply wipe the surface with a cloth dampened with a cleaning polish or mild detergent.
Fingerprints, cooking fumes, smoking residue, etc., accumulate on any finished surface. None of these contaminants will harm our finish, but they should be periodically removed to restore the finish to its original luster. Just wipe the surface with a cloth dampened with a non-wax containing polish or mild detergent solution. Avoid the use of ammonia-based products or silicone oil, as they may cause damage if used over a long period of time.
The finish is durable and resistant to most household spills. However, spills should be wiped up promptly to avoid potential problems.
Excessive prolonged exposure to direct sunlight, high temperatures and high humidity can cause damage to both the finish and the wood itself. These should be avoided.
Following these simple steps will keep your finished piece looking like new for many years.